Since 1991, the ITSA Scholarship Program has contributed to the growth of the thermal spray community, especially the development of new technologists and engineers. The International Thermal Spray Association is very proud of this education partnership and encourages all eligible participants to apply.
Applications are accepted annually, May 1 through July 16. Up to three one-year scholarships worth $2,000 each may be awarded each year and announced in August.
Access Online Scholarship Application
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY applications meeting ALL criteria listed below will be accepted for consideration.
- Student must be actively pursuing a postgraduate degree in thermal spray processes (plasma, flame, arc, HVOF) or materials at an accredited university (U.S. only).
- Student must have at least one more year left in studies (after the current year).
- Student must be recommended by a supervisor/professor of the university the student is attending. Student’s financial need must be verified by professor.
- Student must be recommended by at least one industrial source.
- Student must present an essay of his/her interest in pursuing a career in thermal spray (maximum of 3 typed pages).
- All paperwork must be received May 1 through July 15 ONLY. Paperwork received outside these dates will not be considered. Winners will be announced in August.
Send questions via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org